Women’s Entrepreneurship Grant Program
SK2’s grants program is focused on increasing the number, skills, rights, and resources of grassroots women entrepreneurs.
We use philanthropic capital to support multiple related initiatives including, but not limited to:
- Grassroots recruitment of & training for women in basic entrepreneurship
- Mentorship and technical assistance for women who are already small business entrepreneurs
- Nonprofit finance funds increasing flows of affordable investment capital to women entrepreneurs
- Community-driven, women-led initiatives enhancing the status, rights, and resources of women
- Community-driven, women-led initiatives enhancing environmental sustainability
Inequality related to gender is pervasive worldwide, and reducing it is a core objective of our ThriiveCapital and impact investments. Our grants program complements these existing efforts by moving beyond only providing investment capital to supporting a wider range of efforts enhancing the skills, rights, and resources of women entrepreneurs at the grassroots level.
Other criteria for our Women’s Entrepreneurship grant program:
- Geographic focus is on our international ThriiveCapital communities, but we also consider domestic initiatives here in the U.S.
- Focus is on the grassroots / micro / small business levels.
- We also consider community-driven and women-led initiatives that foster a more conducive environment for women’s entrepreneurship.
- Whenever possible, we focus on direct support of in-country groups rather than working through iNGO intermediaries.
- We do not accept unsolicited requests, instead seeking out highly effective groups and providing them with unrestricted support.
- We avoid traditional foundation red tape and require only one very simple proposal and an equally simple annual impact report.